The Faculty Development Program (FDP) under the Tech-Saksham Program is designed to instill key technical skills and enhance the technical capacity of teachers across technical institutions of the country. Teachers are the most important pillars of the education ecosystem and play a pivotal role in helping students adapt to new technologies, nurturing their technical and entrepreneurial skills to become employable. The program focuses on helping teachers along a continuous journey to enhance their skills during and after the training program. Faculty members will be provided with numerous opportunities to (1) learn through the e-learning platforms of Microsoft and SAP while earning certifications and badges and (2) get technical support and mentorship as needed to aid in their learning journey.
The workshops are conducted through both online and offline medium from a period of 3 to 5 days as agreed upon with the college. The faculty members attend instructor led sessions with master trainers. During this they are assessed at the end of each session according to which they access the eligible certification.
The FDP sessions accomplish the goals of the program and leave a lasting impact on the currecnt and future batches of students.
Eligibility and Mode of Training
- For Offline Training- Minimum faculty members required is 30 -50 per batch
- For Online Training – Minimum Faculty members required -40
- Submission of assessment, assignment and feedback is mandatory for obtaining the certificate for FDP.
- Faculty from Computer Science, Computer applications, Information Technology, Electronics, and related streams would be ideal candidates for program.
- Faculty must have access to a computer/laptop with internet connection to actively participate in the program
- Training will be delivered online, or in-person mode and the training session will be for 20 -25 hours of total duration.
Post completion of FDP, Faculty members will drive students towards LMS.
These students will get access to marketplace ( LMS) which will help them and get support their placements.
In addition, post the FDP, faculties who drive their students towards LMS and enable them on IR4.0 will become ‘ Ambassador‘.